2020 Virtual Iverson Bell Summit Hosted by WSU CVM
The Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine is pleased to be hosting the 2020 Virtual Western Regional Iverson Bell Summit, October 23-25, 2020 in Pullman, WA. The Iverson Bell Summit is named for the first African American veterinarian to hold the position of Vice President in the American Veterinary Medical Association. The primary goal of the summit is to promote diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine, with special attention to academia.
The theme of the 2020 Summit is “Triple A (Access, Ability and Allyship): Your Map to Wellness, Diversity, and Inclusion”. Over the course of two and a half days, attendees will discover and explore intersectionality in veterinary academia and practice. Keynote and morning sessions will focus on each of the Triple As, with afternoon breakouts offering a chance for discussions and activities that allow professionals to put theory into action.
Summit objectives include:
- Seek to recognize implicit biases in the classroom and curriculum, and understand how diversity and inclusion relate to COE requirements
- Explore and understand differing abilities, both seen and unseen, and how veterinary institutions and organizations adapt to meet differing needs
- Identify initiatives and gain ideas for new programs, including their implementation, that promote a diverse culture and healthy relationships amongst students, faculty, staff, and professionals
Check back for updates on our speakers and sessions. CE credit will be offered to veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Registration is now open!
To view the Agenda visit: 2020 Iverson Bell Summit Agenda
1) Registration Faculty/Staff/Non-Faculty Veterinarian - $120.00
2) Registration Student - $25.00
Late registration begins Oct 18, 2020 - Faculty/Staff $180 and Student $31
Registration cut off is October 22, 2020 @ Noon
~$20 fee will be assessed for cancellations made after October 22, 2020
Thank you to our sponsor for supporting the 2020 Western Regional Iverson Bell Summit: